After detecting the damage to your home because of the water, either through a slow leak that has gone unchecked for years or storm or flood damage, the recommended course of action is to call in the professionals such as fire and water damage Restoration Company. Specifically, they clean up after water damage and will prove invaluable in organizing the best action to take and carry out the necessary repairs.
But there are steps you can take while waiting for water damage restoration experts arrive can save some of your valuables.
Below are five simple tasks to do while waiting for their arrival and will speed up the recovery process.
1. Circulate air with fans by opening the window – the number one enemy you will be mold and mildew will begin to grow and all the damage can be repaired. The longer the more humid indoor mold and mildew will have the opportunity to grow.
2. Remove the carpet and floor coverings whatever you can – a lot of moisture to be retained in the carpet and rug and the drying process will be most effective if they hang up and broadcast.
3. Place your feet on a block of wood furniture – if there is water on the floor you have to get the furniture and out of it as soon as possible. The longer it sits in the water, the more water will be absorbed.
4. Remove wet fabrics – such as with floor coverings, all fabrics such as curtains, blankets, and covers space become wet they will increase the water content in the room so they had to be taken outside.
5. Use a dehumidifier – if the weather is warm and a dehumidifier available, run with the windows closed will greatly assist in starting the drying process.
After water damage restoration experts took over they will be equipped with the tools and knowledge to properly restore your home. Taking the first steps will help make the restoration process occur as quickly as possible.