Have you heard about the licking mats? If you haven’t, then this guide will surely help you to get knowledge about the licking mats. It’s exactly what it sounds like! It’s a textured mat design to engage your dog by challenging them to lick every last bit of treats that you have spread on the lick mats.
On the Lick mats, your dog is not able to grab the food with his teeth and must use his tongue instead. It takes much longer to eat all the food! This helps to keep your dog busy and away from anxiety. To choose the best dog licking mat you can explore the internet and get the best one for your pup.
Licking mats are engaging. It helps in doing mental exercise for your dog. Your dog’s brain will be working hard to figure out how to lick that mat clean.
Here are the few things that you should consider while buying licking mats:
- You need to choose the licking mats according to what you feed your dog;
- what treats your dog likes to eat;
- whether your dog is a naughty chewer or not; and
- whether or not you prefer to use the dishwasher to clean up.
Best food to spread on a Lickimat?
- Peanut butter
- Minced meat
- Pureed vegetables (pumpkin, sweet potatoes, carrots)
- Bone broth